1) Provide more communication about the company and what is happening.
2) Schedule brief daily meetings with each person
3) Provide more support for technology
4) Encourage people to touch base with each other
5) Keep meetings on track by using an agenda and timeframe
6) Use video whenever possible
7) Call on people to keep them engaged
8) Avoid large scale meetings
9) Continue to tackle tough issues, usually one-on-one is best.
10) Share personal items like pictures or recipes, or tips for keeping children engaged.
HBR, Lawson, Barbara Z. Vronon, Susan K, and Mahrius, Erin E. A Guide to Managing Remote Workers, March 18, 2020.
HBR,FHBR, Frisch, Bob and Greene, Cary. How to Manage Remote Meetings. HBR.